MA Fine Art with the Open College of the Arts - January 2021

Well, there's nothing better than starting off the New Year with a new educational program (and a great excuse to get this blog back up and running - please forgive the long absence!). And so it is, as I join the MA in Fine Art program, jointly run between the Open College of the Arts (OCA) and the University for the Creative Arts. I'm delighted to be back with the OCA, as I did my initial Creative Arts degree with them, achieving a First Class Honours back in 2013. I am forever grateful for their sponsorship of my first national UK exhibition called 'A Dozen Eggs' at the Bank Street Arts Gallery in 2012, which was an amazing experience.

Lifelong Learning is a continual friend of mine, and my ever-present strive for improvement is what brings me onto this program, and I have no doubt that it will continue to make me a better artist and a better guide in helping people to be both better creators in themselves, and in helping to put this creativity to use by guiding individuals and businesses to communicate with aplomb and flourish in the new world in which we venture into.

I thought that I would kick-off this MA, and my learning, with a quick example of my most recent publication, Haiku, which I self-published this last year. It was inspired by my personal contemplations on light and life, those fleeting moments of surprise, and I wanted to display both written and visual haiku alongside one another, with each having their own prominence and space. Each one being a 'flicker' that allows the viewer/reader to create their own interpretation in their mind's eye. The book I produced was encased in a hand-crafted, Japanese-Silk clamshell box, demonstrating my desire to ensure the presentation was as much about the art, as the art itself. Further images are available on my website, www.harrypearce.co.uk.




Comments